Monday 9 January 2012

Finally getting up to date with blogging!..

I kept melting wax crayons. But this time I was interested in melting the whole crayon completely to see what effect it gave.Again using the hairdryer i blew the wax away from the crayon in all directions. The reult was interesting as it appeared to be splattered on the page.
I did this in my sketch book and on a large sheet of cream paper as photographed above. As much as I enjoyed working with crayons and seeing the results it gave, the smell and heat started to get to me. But despite the headache, I used the remaining crayons to create something different. I broke a few grayons in half and glued the broken and unbroken ones on a sheet of acetate randomly. I observed them melt and the colours mixed into a marble effect in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment