Thursday 10 May 2012

Christy Keaney :)

Sadly I was sick and missed my very first week of ceramics!! But during our 2nd week, we were very lucky to have the ceramicist Christy Keaney visit and work with us for two days. During this time he told us about his previous works and his study of the human figure and unusal and interesting everyday characters he came across. He then kept with this same sort of theme but took the face and different expressions to make his own stylised heads.


Above is a photograph id taken of one of Christy`s earlier works which I found out was a pair of cheeky little boys who used to hang around college :P I think the detail put into this is amazing!

We were fortunate enough to watch Christy make one of his heads from scratch, going through what he does step by step with us. I didnt have a camera with me that time :( but here is an example of one of his heads ----------->>


After seeing Christy create one of these, we were told to go and collect images of faces we found interesting so that we could make a head the next day based on one of these photographs. Exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment